Dan RE: Confused...

Chris cditri at mediaone.net
Thu Jan 10 16:23:19 GMT 2002

Hi Dan,

I am working through the howto you advised me to follow.

I have gotten to the part where I am supposed to create the tunnel between
the real servers and the virtual server address.  I loaded the ipip module,
then typed in the command "ifconfig tun10 0.0.0.0 up.  Now I admit that I
am not experienced with ip tunneling (I was thinking of using NAT -- but
hey I just want it to work! So it doesn't really matter).  Anyway, when I
issued that command it gave me this error:  SIOCSIFADDR: no such
device.  Can you give me some advice on how to make one?  (I tried to make
one like I would for an ordinary ethernet card, but named the device as
tun10... didn't work.)  Or is it something else?

I really appreciate the help.

Chris