anyone used director failover in production?

xiongqiuhua mountains_0513 at sina.com
Fri May 24 02:41:50 BST 2002

hi,I am  making  preparations  for a  lvs handling  mail server .
can anyone who have the experience introduce something about it  to me?

I have a production LVS server running with 3 real servers handling
SMTP, POP3, IMAP for our QMAIL server.  We process about a million
inbound connections a day.  I've never had the primary LVS server crash
but I have shut it down on purpose (yanked the power cord) to test the
fail over.  Everything worked perfectly.

[root at lvsd-1 /root]# uname -a
Linux lvsd-1.crocker.com 2.4.9 #1 Tue Aug 28 11:42:10 EDT 2001 i686
unknown

[root at lvsd-1 /root]# uptime
  5:27am  up 71 days, 16:47,  1 user,  load average: 1.06, 1.03, 1.00
[root at lvsd-1 /root]# /sbin/ipvsadm -L
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  ->  RemoteAddress:Port             Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  mail.crocker.com:smtp lc
  ->  cw-3-e0.crocker.com:smtp       Route   1      79         194
  ->  cw-1-e0.crocker.com:smtp       Route   1      78         228
  ->  cw-2-e0.crocker.com:smtp       Route   1      81         116
TCP  mail.crocker.com:pop3 lc
  ->  cw-1-e0.crocker.com:pop3       Route   1      2          42
  ->  cw-3-e0.crocker.com:pop3       Route   1      1          45
  ->  cw-2-e0.crocker.com:pop3       Route   1      1          44
TCP  mail.crocker.com:imap2 lc
  ->  cw-1-e0.crocker.com:imap2      Route   1      3          2
  ->  cw-3-e0.crocker.com:imap2      Route   1      2          3
  ->  cw-2-e0.crocker.com:imap2      Route   1      3          1

.