Logging LVS state

Jeremy Kerr kerrj01 at cs.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 24 15:20:47 BST 2002

Hi all,

I'm currently doing a few tests on a LVS director, using the 2.8.14 kernel.
One parts of the tests involves logging the status of the director while
under load from apachebench.

To do this, I'm reading from /proc/net/ip_vs_stats once per time period (2
seconds at the moment), and doing some minimal parsing, then saving the
output to a text file.

I can run the logging daemon while the director is idle and it works
perfectly - but when I apply load, it stops the machine entirely after a few
cycles (no packets are forwarded, console is unusable - I have to force a
reboot)

The daemon is just a small perl script - and I can't see any problems with it
- is there anything in the ipvs code that would cause this behavior?

Thanks,

Jeremy Kerr