Load Balancing NFS

Salvatore J. Guercio Jr. sguercio at ccr.buffalo.edu
Wed Jun 11 20:37:40 BST 2003

Good afternoon lvs users;

I hope you can help me.

I currently have a LVS setup that consists of 2 directors and 2
realservers. I have the LVS setup to serve http right now and It works
great. I used the Ultramonkey software packages for RedHat Linux 7.3.
The topology I am using the High Capacity High Availability and Load
Balancing topology.

The realservers are each connected to an IBM FastT500 fibre channel SAN
and I need to export a filesystem on this SAN to 4 clients. The
filesystem on the SAN will be GPFS or some parallel filesystem. Has
anyone set up ldirectord to export NFS filesystems? I have setup the
ltdirectord.cf file to look like this:

virtual=10.9.1.21:2049
        fallback=127.0.0.1:2049
        real=10.9.1.40:2049 gate
        real=10.9.1.41:2049 gate
        service=none
        scheduler=rr
        persistent=600
        protocol=udp

I get the following from   /sbin/ipvsadm -L -n

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
UDP  10.9.1.21:2049 rr persistent 600
  -> 10.9.1.41:2049           Route   1      0          0
  -> 10.9.1.40:2049           Route   1      0          0
  -> 127.0.0.1:2049               Local   0      0          0
UDP  10.9.1.40:2049 rr persistent 600
TCP  10.9.1.21:80 rr
  -> 10.9.1.41:80             Route   1      0          0
  -> 10.9.1.40:80             Route   1      0          0
  -> 127.0.0.1:80                 Local   0      0          0

I can mount the exported filesystem directly from the client, but when I
try to mount it from the VIP I get a "mount: RPC: Program not
registered" error message.

Is there something (or a bunch of things) that I am missing?  Help would
be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Sal

--