LVS and AOL

Alexandre Cassen Alexandre.Cassen at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 2 16:20:37 BST 2004

Hi,

hmm, I probably dropped some email :/ sorry. Too many spam/viri since last
month...

> > Alexandre! Tell us what we can put in a the IP part of a virtual-server
> definition.
>
>according to the <cough> authoritative man (5) keepalived.conf it's one of
>
>VIP port
>fwmark INT
>(virtual server) group <STRING>

Yes read the doc/keepalived.conf.SYNOPSIS all keywords are here

you can use list of IP addresses. Mainly, a virtual_server is :

1. IP address + PORT
2. fwmark
3. a group

then a group is like that :

virtual_server_group <STRING> {
         <IP ADDRESS> <PORT>             # VIP VPORT
         <IP ADDRESS> <PORT>
         <IP ADDRESS RANGE> <PORT>       # VIP range VPORT
         <IP ADDRESS RANGE> <PORT>
         fwmark <INTEGER>                # fwmark
         fwmark <INTEGER>
}

Note:   <IP ADDRESS RANGE> has the form of : XXX.YYY.ZZZ.WWW-VVV, define
         the IP address range starting at WWW and monotonaly incremented by
         one to VVV. Example : 192.168.200.1-10 means .1 to .10 IP addresses.

so for example : in doc/samples/keepalived.conf.virtual_server_group :

virtual_server_group VSG_1 {
         10.0.0.1 8080
         10.0.0.2 80
         192.168.200.1 1358