RealServers making requests to Virtual IP again?

Pedro C.G. petecg_76 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:00:59 BST 2004

Hi,

I have set up a load balacing architecture using lvs. The Linux Director
Server(LDS) is balancing requests amongst 3 real servers. The LDS is in
10.0.0.x network. The Real servers in 20.0.0.x.
The forwarding is done using NAT.

    ------------------------ 10.0.0.x
                 | .1
                LDS
    ------------------------ 20.0.0.x
     |.1     |.2       |.3
     A       B         C

I have applications on the realservers as well that, from time to time, will
have to use the virtual service that is being offered by the LVS. In other
words, for example, a connection from an application running in A (20.0.0.1)
will have to be able to make requests to the virtual service at 10.0.0.1.
The question could be reasked in this way: Could a Real Server be a client
of the virtual service even when this real server itself is actually hosting
it?

Will that work?

If I try to use a simple telnet from A to LDS:virtualService it seems not
work.
Many thanx