MTA (SMTP/POP) + LVS

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Wed Apr 21 13:34:18 BST 2004

François Chenais wrote:

> if the pop policy is roundrobin, how can I be sure I'll not retrieve the
> same mails from 2 real servers ?

LVS doesn't have any general mechanism for the client to write to realservers
(in this case delete). It is only for reading. You have to solve the writing
problem outside LVS. I don't know how the POP people solve this problem.
The simplest solution (although a bit of a hack) is to have the same mail
spool directory exported to all realservers.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov