Can't ping outside of LAN after script execution

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Mon Apr 26 12:18:28 BST 2004

Dean Pullen wrote:

> Before I run the lvs_dr.conf, internet addresses are
> pingable/accessible, after the script is run I can no longer ping
> external addresses.

This is a feature

see

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html#Pearthree

unfortunately this feature has caused much consternation amongst users and
I regret now that I didn't put in a switch to turn it off. You can add a default
gw by hand if you want. If you want to see the state of your director, you'll need to
use the iproute2 tools rather than ifconfig/route.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov