LVS-NAT and packets originating from realserver

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Wed Aug 25 17:05:46 BST 2004

Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:

> In fact, I have an LVS setup with nat realservers. In fact, the realservers
> are used both ways. They can connect to external servers. I need to make the
> VIP the source address of the outgoing packets.

Let's say you can figure out how to do this...

The replies coming from the machine on the internet will have dst_addr=VIP.
The director will see the packets and since they aren't part of an established
connection, they will be dropped.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov