Client & Director on same machine

Manuel U.C. mugarte at 123mail.cl
Fri Aug 27 18:40:17 BST 2004

Hi Everyone,

I have some doubts and I need to know if you can provide me of some tips and some help.
I need to make that the same machine that runs as director, also runs as a single client. I have seen several solutions to this problem, nevertheless none of them have seemed to work properly. I would highly appreciate it if you could give me a hint on where I am going wrong and possibly some tips and shortcuts so as to solve the problem. Should I do this in LVS-NAT, LVS-DR, or LVS-Tunnel?
Do I need need to apply any iptables rules (director and/or realserver)?
Should I patch the IPVS source code?

Once again I will highly appreciate any help I can get.
Best regards,

Manuel U.