Strange ping and resolving behaviour

Easytrans Systems (Laurie Baker) lvs at easytrans.com
Wed Oct 6 08:18:18 BST 2004

Sent: 06 October 2004 07:44
Subject: Strange ping and resolving behaviour

I think we would need to know more about the DNS setup you are using. It
most certainly sounds to be a DNS issue but why one  request responds
directly and others with delay sounds suspicious.

Have you done any tests "nslookup's" from the director and or from a RS
using a different DNS servers?

e.g.
nslookup mtv.com ns1.someotherdns.com
&