ldirectord & ldap

Christophe Husson christophe.husson1 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 7 10:23:55 BST 2004

Hi,
I have been using LVS & ldirectord (v 1.2.3-1) with debian sarge.
My LVS is used to load balance two Zope clients and two ldap servers.
My ldirectord.conf file is :

checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
autoreload=no
#Zope part
virtual=192.168.96.52:80
       real=192.168.96.33:80 ipip
       real=192.168.96.34:80 ipip
       service=http
       request="index_html"
       receive="Zope"
       scheduler=rr
       protocol=tcp
#LDAP part
virtual=192.168.96.52:389
       real=192.168.196.87:389 ipip
       real=192.168.196.88:389 ipip
       checktype=negotiate
       request="dc=cellule,dc=departement,dc=cellule?o"
       receive="achats"
       scheduler=rr
       protocol=tcp

For Zope, no problem, it works fine.
For LDAP, if I use checktype=connect and no request/receive directives
it works but if I use checktype=negotiate as above it doesn't work. I
probably don't understand how request/receive work for ldap.
Even using the conf file example, something like  :
request="dc=cellule,dc=departement,dc=cellule"
receive="dc=cellule,dc=departement,dc=cellule"
it doesn't work.
I would be happy to be explained how request/receive work for ldap.
Regards,
Christophe.
christophe.husson1 at wanadoo.fr