Need help with ipvsadm- persistence

Vijay K vijay_k at vfortress.com
Fri Aug 5 06:42:44 BST 2005

Hi all,
I have established two directors(with two NIC cards each and two virual
addresses).
I have used ipvsadm to configure two ports(80 and 443) on the two real
servers.
As of now I have not created the ldirectord.cf file.I plan to do it at a
later time..I am able to access the real servesr from outside using teh
virtual ip.I am using NAT..so the internal virtual ip of the directors is
the gateway of the real servers.

The problem i face is that once the director systems reboots the configured
real servers are not shown on #/sbin/ipvsadm.I ahve to manually do it
again.Is there a way to ensure that the setup is persistent even after a
reboot.

I have another question..do we need thsi ipvsadm administration when we have
a ldirectord.cf file
Thanks in advance and I look forward to ur response.
I am adding what the output of /sbin/ipvsadm look before and after a reboot.

Before:
# /sbin/ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  10.10.30.30:http wlc
  -> 10.10.33.11:http             Masq    1      0          0
  -> 10.10.33.12:http             Masq    1      0          0
TCP  10.10.30.30:https wlc
  -> 10.10.33.11:https            Masq    1      0          0
  -> 10.10.33.12:https            Masq    1      0          0

After:
# /sbin/ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn

Thanks and regds
Vijay