ldirectord does not start: please help

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Tue Aug 9 08:11:05 BST 2005

Hi

On Tue 09 Aug 2005 07:26:18 BST , Vijay K <vijay_k at vfortress.com> wrote:
<snip>
> [Tue Aug  9 11:45:36 2005|www] Linux Director Daemon terminated on signal:
> Can't locate Net/SSLeay.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
<snip>
> On checking for Net-SSLeay i found that perl-Net-SSLeay-1.23-1.fr.c.1.um.1
> is already installed from ultramonkey.
> So can somebody please let me know what might be the problem plaguing me

rpm -q Net-SSLeay

should give you "perl-Net-SSLeay-1.23-1.fr.c.1.um.1"

rpm -V Net-SSLeay

should ideally give you no output at all, which means that the RPM is
intact and undamaged. If you get something like:

missing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/SSLeay.pm

then the RPM needs forcibly reinstalling. You should also ensure that
you haven't upgraded Perl since installing Net-SSLeay as that might
cause the module to be removed from @INC.

You might find the location of the module by doing "locate SSLeay.pm".
Then check the location against the value of @INC from "Perl -V".

Graeme