Which failover technique?

Matt Chan engineuity at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:54:43 GMT 2006

Hello,
   I am using an lvs-tun on a debian system. Im attempting to setup
director/server failover in a "fixed arp" situation. I have installed
keepalived for healthchecking/failover,  but it doesnt seem to be working.
Is this a valid method for an lvs-tun, or only for NAT-ting?

In each director I am using single NIC cards, and I would like to monitor
the public ips of the realservers. Is it extremely necessary to add another
NIC card to avoid the tunl between the DIP and the realserver?

Thanks,
Matt Chan