lvs tunnel problem.

G. Allen Morris III gam3-lvs-users at gam3.net
Wed Mar 1 19:50:36 GMT 2006

Here is my problem:

I have lvs setup using ipip. The packet gets to the RIP and I can see it
on the tunnel device (not tunl0).  The problem is that the packet does
NOT get `routed' to the server.  An apache server in this case.

This is the packet on the tunnel device is coming from another linux
tunnel device -- it works.
09:08:28.116809 IP 24.50.39.151.57948 > 192.0.0.2.http:     S 2581729834:2581729834(0) win 5760 <mss 1440,sackOK,timestamp 21459097 0,nop,wscale 2>

This is the packet on the tunnel device is coming from the IPVS device
-- it does not work.
09:09:17.370082 IP 24.50.39.151.56652 > 128.33.101.154.http: S 3832770585:3832770585(0) win 5760 <mss 1440,sackOK,timestamp 21471400 0,nop,wscale 2>

Here are the routes on the real server:

local 128.33.101.154 dev lo  src 128.33.101.154
    cache <local>  mtu 16436 advmss 16396

local 192.0.0.2 dev lo  src 192.0.0.2
    cache <local>  mtu 16436 advmss 16396

I have set this up on two different networks/computers with simular results.

One redhat and one debian.  One Real server was running linux 2.4 and one is running 2.6

Is anyone using LVS-Tun successfully?

I am missing something?

Allen Morris <gam3-456793 at gam3.net>