Hardware Recomendations

Joe Stump joe at joestump.net
Fri Mar 3 17:16:50 GMT 2006

We regularly do over 360,000 page views (sustaining about 3-4mbit)
with a few light weight single 2.4GHz P4's w/  1GB of memory. We have
five web servers behind that an NFS server for docroots/configs/PHP
sessions and a couple of dual opteron servers for DB traffic.

Load on our LVS machines *never* goes above 0.3. Load usually sits in
the 0.00 and 0.02 range. I can't imagine needing a dual proc machine
for LVS traffic. I know a site that was sustaining close to 80mbit
without much hassle to the LVS machines and those were dual PIII
700MHz machines.

--Joe