LVS-NAT unidentified problem

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Mar 11 17:59:10 GMT 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Neamtu Dan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to build up my first lvs using NAT. I have followed up closely the instructions from the LVS-Mini-HOW-TO (compile a standard 2.6.15 kernel, get an adecvate ipvsadm, run the configure script etc), but it just doesn't work. My configuration is -two NIC two networks- and the diagram looks like this:
>
> #              | client      |
> #              |________|
> #           CIP=eth0 192.168.81.20
> #                  |
> #                  |
> #        VIP=eth1:10 192.168.81.10/24

192.168.81.10/32 (usually, I think you can get away with 24
in LVS-NAT - not sure anymore)

> I am able to ping from the realservers to the client,

it's been a while now, I don't think you're supposed to be
able to do that.

did you get any errors from the scripts as they were setting
up? I've always got a working LVS when the scripts exit
without errors.

> IP Virtual Server version 1.2.1 (size=4096)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  192.168.81.10:http rr
>   -> 192.168.82.40:http           Masq    2      0          1
>   -> 192.168.82.30:http           Masq    1      0          0

try it with telnet. the telnet server on the realserver
doesn't shut down the connection like httpd does and you can
see InActConn. If there are InActConn then usually the
default gw for the realservers is not the DIP.