Cluster Help

Subhankar Sengupta subhankar_sngpt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 06:26:46 BST 2006

Hello Gurus,
  I need to install linux cluster for my lab. I am using HP proliant DL 380 G4 servers( 2 nodes) it has a shared storage which is connected via external SCSI ports.
  Both the servers has two NIC.
  Let me tell you what I have done, I have connected eth0 of server A(Active) with
  eth0 of server P(Passive) directly using a cross cable, but I have not assigned any IP address to them.
  eth1 of Server A and P is connected to a HUB. I have assigned 192.168.0.1 and
  192.168.0.2 to them.
  Now I have installed Hearbeat software and dependencies. Then I have configured
  authkeys,ha.cf and ha resources.

  This is exactly how my haresources file looks like.
  /etc/ha.d/haresources
  active.lab.com 192.168.0.10 Filesystem::/dev/sda1:/var/ftp/pub::ext3 vsftpd httpd
                         Floating IP
  At the end I have started heartbeats but I HA is not working, I am using RHEL4(ES).
  Please help me to build this.

  Regards,
  Sen.
  (FOSS shall overcome)