lvs-nat

Tom bigendian+lvs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:10:09 BST 2006

Hi Sonali,

I use keepalived to solve this problem in my environment.  To solve your
problem keepalived implements VRRP (virtual router redundancy protocol) to
enable two or more machines own IP addresses.  Only one machine will
actively own an IP at any one time, but failover is almost instantanious in
the event of a failure.

In addition, keepalived does healthchecking on your real servers withing
each VIP and will dynamically remove it from the running LVS configuration
if a healthcheck fails and restoring it when the next healthcheck is
successful.  All this, and it allows you to configure your LVS setup via the
same keepalived.conf configuration file.

http://www.keepalived.org/

Tom