ldirectord appears to cause iptable traversal issue

Brian Jenkins bjenkins at monex.com
Tue Oct 24 02:51:39 BST 2006

Joe:

Yes I have.  And absent the inclusion of Ldirectord, the system
firewalls and load balances very well.  Its when I add Ldirectord that
the INPUT chain traversal path gets weird.  Specifically, I can match
the packet when doing logging, but when I try to accept it, using the
same matching fields, the packet appears to jump to the end of the
chain.  It's the strangest thing.  One thing I didn't mention in my
earlier email is that I have not patched the kernel to take advantage of
state matching in my firewall script.  But, the articles you mention
don't seem to indicate that it's a requirement for doing
firewalling/load balancing/monitoring.

I really appreciate your feedback as I've been working on this night and
day for over a week, and I really want to use these technologies.

Many thanks.

Brian