Realservers as client

Leon Botes leon at trusc.net
Tue Jan 30 07:52:35 GMT 2007

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Leon Botes wrote:
>

>> Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

>>> since the users initial connection to the realserver is balanced, why
>>> can't you let the realserver connect directly
>>> to the database? You don't need to balance again.
>
> hmm. I didn't say that real clearly. Why can't you have each realserver
> contacting a database machine? ie realserver A contacts database machine
> A.. realserver Z contacts database machine Z.
>
> Joe
Well the services on the real servers that need to connect to the
database are themselves balanced. The situation where maybe the database
on the real server dies but the application continues to run would
create a scenario where the application would not be able to write to
the database yet the application would still respond to client requests.