[lvs-users] LVS and OpenVZ

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Jun 29 23:04:16 BST 2007

Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:
> Hello Gerry! ...
> I personally do not like openVZ since this is no more than a boosted
> chroot-Environment. With openVZ you can
>  not truly seperate the virtual machines in the way you can with true
> virtualisation techniques as XEN.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Volker

Hi Volker,
  Yes I understand using xen very well.  But VM is not the answer in all
instances.  Sometimes it may be that VE is all that is needed.
Especially if you have limited resources and need to create a lot of
VM/VE.  Each is going to have their place in the virtualization
spectrum.  I'm investigating OpenVZ because for my need it might just be
all that is needed (except for ipvsman of course :-)  )

Regards,
Gerry