[lvs-users] ipvsadm and packets leaving a gre tunnel

Marco Lorig mlorig at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 09:27:47 BST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Mack NA3T

>glad it's solved, and glad to hear that it wasn't ipvs(). It was an
interesting problem at least at my end. I'm sure it wasn't as much fun for
you.

it was also interesting for me and i got a lot of detailed information about
GRE and IP.

>What was the command you used to set the mtu for the default route (so I
can put it in the HOWTO, incase someone else needs to try it )

I used ip.
Syntax:

For a special network:
ip route add 1.2.3.4/24 via 10.0.0.1 mtu 1400

For default:
ip route add default via 10.0.0.1 mtu 1400

Check routes:
ip route

IIRC netstat -rn or route don?t show the mtu correctly.

cheers Marco