[lvs-users] misc_check healthchecker question

T Billings stabilizr1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 18:09:58 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to load balance to some mysql servers using Keepalived/LVS and am having some issues getting the health checker to work.   I've configured each real server with a misc_check healchecker which is a script that does runs through some tests and returns a 0 for success and 1 for failure.  Problem is that when it returns a 1 keepalived does not remove the system from service.   What am I missing?  Below is what is currently in my keepalived.conf but I've also had misc_timeout and misc_dynmic in there as well as weight = 1 defined before the misc_check.

Thanks in advance for your help.

virtual_server 123.45.67.80 3306 {
        delay_loop 30
        lb_algo rr
        lb_kind DR
        protocol TCP

        real_server 123.45.67.81 3306 {
                MISC_CHECK {
                        misc_path /etc/keepalived/bin/db_check.sh
                        }
        }
}