[lvs-users] LVS-DR - internal network to remote network setup through VPN

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Jul 30 14:19:40 BST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Claudinei Matos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do a setup of LVS-DR through a vpn but I'm having no
> success. Let's explain my scenario:

The network setup is too complicated for me to understand.
If the network looks like it's part of the problem, then an
ascii art version of the network may be neccessary.

> Is there any test I can do? Isn't this kind of setup
> allowed to ipvs? Or maybe I have to setup IPVS-TUN on my
> network A/host D machine?

possibly. For LVS-DR to work, the director needs to be able
to send a layer 2 packet to the MAC address of the
realserver. Is the director able to determine the MAC
address of the realserver through the VPN (test with arp
-an)?