[lvs-users] Ldirectord debian init script

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Fri Oct 10 00:38:17 BST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 09:11:55AM +1100, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 01:36:09PM -0400, Jason Ledford wrote:
> > Apt-get install ldirectord-2
> >
> > I can make my own init script but it seems like it should work out of the box.
>
> Indeed it should, I will look into it.
> Thanks for pointing this out.

Hi Jason,

I've looked into this, and the problem is that the init script
included in ldirectord-2 2.0.7-2, which is in turn included
in Debian Etch, is a Red Hat style init script, not a Debian style
init script.

This problem was fixed in the 2.0.8-4 release, but unfortunately
that didn't make it into Etch, and I'm not sure that this kind
of bug-fix is eligible for inclusion in an update to Etch.

I have opened and closed a bug-report ont he Debian bug tracker
to log this problem as known and fixed in releases subsequent to Etch.

http://bugs.debian.org/501740

In the bug report I ofter two work-arounds, which I will reiterate here
for the record, althogh I gather that the reason you reported this
problem was to get it fixed properly, not to get a work-around. Sorry
that I can't help there.

1. Use the ldirectord-2 2.1.3-6~bpo40+2 package available from backports.org.

2. Use the following script as /etc/init.d/ldirectord

#!/bin/sh
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          ldirectord
# Required-Start:    $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop:     $remote_fs $syslog
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
### END INIT INFO
#
# Author: Horms <horms at verge.net.au>
#
# Debian init script for ldirectord
#

NAME=ldirectord
DAEMON="/usr/sbin/$NAME"
CONFIG="/etc/default/$NAME"

test -x $DAEMON || exit 0

CONFIG_FILE=""
[ -f "$CONFIG" ] && . "$CONFIG"
CONFIG_FILE="${CONFIG_FILE:=ldirectord.cf}"

case "$1" in
        start|stop|restart|try-restart|status|reload|force-reload)
                exec "$DAEMON" $1
                ;;
        *)
                echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/$NAME" \
                        "{start|stop|restart|try-restart|status|reload|force-reload}"
>&2
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K., Sydney, Australia Satellite Office