[lvs-users] ipsec + lvs-nat not working

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Oct 17 02:39:18 BST 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Sebastien COUPPEY wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am facing a problem with ipsec+lvs-nat on the same server.

a couple of people have done ipsec with lvs. I don't
remember whether it was lvs-dr or lvs-nat (or both).
Presumably you could look for "ipsec" in the archive. I've
asked these people for the details, but so far no-one has
given me a recipe. None of them has indicted that setup was
any big deal, so presumably anything that lands packets on
the director's VIP will work.

Does your setup work without ipsec?

> the vip is on the loopback interface.

the VIP on the director should be on a device that can
advertise the IP to the internet.