[lvs-users] Are LVS / ldirectord Multithreaded?

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Fri Oct 31 21:07:23 GMT 2008

This is probably a stupid question, but are lvs and ldirectord
multithreaded? I suspect LVS is and ldirectord (being a perl script) is
not.

We have a load balancer that is working pretty hard. It's a single-core
Celeron 2.4GHz machine with 512MB RAM. It runs about 40-70% CPU
utilization on average, with peaks to 99%. If I replace it with a
dual-core machine, will the load balancing process benefit from multiple
cores?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - October 31, 2008
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.