[lvs-users] Multiple IPs and Heartbeat

Brandon Hilkert bhilkert at vt.edu
Thu Jan 8 16:56:58 GMT 2009

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks again for the help. So my main IP of the machine is:

10.102.200.42 / 255.255.0.0

All the site VIPs are 10.102.50.0

So that means I don't need any of the site VIPs in the interface file right?

If I just use Ldirector and not heartbeat for failover, does this same idea hold true? Does IPVS mount those VIPs for you properly?

Thanks,
Brandon

Brandon,

And heartbeat brings up the aliases using the haresources file so you
only need the interfaces file for the subnets to be allocated.

i..e if all your VIPs are in the same subnet then you only need one IP
in the interfaces file.
if they are in different subnets you need one manually configured IP
for each heartbeat resource to bind to.