[lvs-users] Ldirector Startup Delay

Brandon Hilkert bhilkert at vt.edu
Tue Jan 13 20:14:42 GMT 2009

We're trying to balance 12 or so sites off this one ldirector box. Because we use the negotiate check method and check for a keyword on a page, sometimes there is a few minute delay when the service starts because it goes site by site and checks each one, then brings it up upon successfully find the keyword.

Is there any way to have the service automatically bring everything up and then go into its checking routine, but first assume all the real servers are up?

This would help us avoid a few minutes of downtime if the machine/service were to be restarted.

Thanks,
Brandon