[lvs-users] Ldirector and swtich caching

Brandon Hilkert bhilkert at vt.edu
Thu Jan 15 14:52:11 GMT 2009

We have an ldirector box and a backup machine for it. We're in the testing phases of the failover, but I'm wondering how people handle the failure from a network standpoint. Most of our switches are in their default configurations and are caching addresses, so traffic wouldn't go where it should when the backup ldirector comes up.

Are people doing things like this just disable caching for the particular port of the ldirectors, or the entire switch?

Thanks,
Brandon