[lvs-users] Spamassassin and LVS

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Wed Jan 21 09:53:00 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 10:00 +0100, Stefan König wrote:
> As i I could not find any results in the archive:
> Has anyone ever tried to cluster Spamassassin using LVS?
> Any hints are welcome.

It's a non-complicated TCP service. It doesn't require session
persistence since it doesn't have a concept of "session" at the
application level, it's easy to test if it's running, and the TCP
sessions it handles tend to be fairly short-lived.

A little like HTTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP and any number of other simple
protocols layered onto TCP.

> Is there a howto for LVS+openSuSE?

Not one I specifically know about, no.

Graeme