[lvs-users] LVS Cluster with lighttpd servers doesn't react to SYN packets

Michael Moody michael at gsc.cc
Wed Jan 21 12:09:03 GMT 2009

I've got the exact same setup, running without issues.

We're running both 2xdual core, and 2xquad core machines, on gentoo, with lighttpd 1.4.20, with lvs-dr, on kernel 2.6.27.7, and glibc 2.6.1. We do not have this delay.

Here are relevant portions of our lighttpd config, perhaps they'll help:

server.max-fds = 2048
server.max-write-idle = 120
server.max-worker = 8
server.network-backend = "linux-sendfile"
server.stat-cache-engine = "simple"
server.max-keep-alive-requests = 10
server.max-keep-alive-idle = 8
server.event-handler = "linux-sysepoll"

We are using the dummy interface instead of loopback for configuring the VIP on our Realservers.

Michael