[lvs-users] ipvs or apache/mod_proxy/mod_balancer

Olaf Krische public at ecopatz.de
Thu Jul 2 22:19:37 BST 2009

Hello Joseph,

Joseph Mack wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Olaf Krische wrote:
>
>> Your statement kept me busy, because the target is not to waste IPs from
>> the
>> pool. :-)
> how about you setup LVS-DR, loadbalancing telnet as in the
> mini-HOWTO, and then move to squid

Your Mini-Howto, "5. Example: Setup LVS using LVS-DR forwarding":

I have it working exactly like this, only that i use non private IPs.

But i can not afford to use "non private IPs" for each realserver.

The realservers should be in a private network (even if they are connected
already with the net on an interface, without having an ip set)

Are you still saying, i can find this in the howto? Then i will continue to
look. Aaaaah.