[lvs-users] ipvs or apache/mod_proxy/mod_balancer

John Du jjohndu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 23:32:35 BST 2009

Olaf Krische wrote:
> Hello Joseph,
>

> Joseph Mack wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Olaf Krische wrote:
>>

>>> Your statement kept me busy, because the target is not to waste IPs from
>>> the
>>> pool. :-)
>>>
>> how about you setup LVS-DR, loadbalancing telnet as in the
>> mini-HOWTO, and then move to squid
>>

> Your Mini-Howto, "5. Example: Setup LVS using LVS-DR forwarding":
>
> I have it working exactly like this, only that i use non private IPs.
>
> But i can not afford to use "non private IPs" for each realserver.
>
> The realservers should be in a private network.
>
> Are you still saying, i can find this in the howto? Then i will continue to
> look. Aaaaah.

Why do you have to use public IPs for the real servers in a LVS-DR
setup?  LVS-DR does not require the real servers to have public IPs.  It
only requires that the load balancer and the real servers are on the
same sub-net.

I have a LVS-DR setup that does not use any public IPs on the load
balancer or on the real servers. You must have a reason that is not
obvious to us from what you have told us so far.