[lvs-users] strange behaviour of Active / Inactive Connections when changing from apache to nginx

Jérôme Loyet jerome at loyet.net
Fri Jul 3 13:16:20 BST 2009

Hi there,

I'm using LVS to loadbalance a web site over 8 real servers.

Recently I switch the web server software from apache to nginx and I
notice a strange behaviour of Active and Innactive connection.

Here is a graph of the two valued monitored:
http://tof.canardpc.com/show/f44de0b2-3ce6-47a8-9614-1d4b8fb964d5.html

The switch from apache to nginx has been made on thursday night.

As you can see, with apache, I had more Inactive conn than Active
conn. With nginx the two values are quite similar.

I don't know why I have this behaviour.

I hope someone here can help me on this.

thx

++ jerome