[lvs-users] ipvs or apache/mod_proxy/mod_balancer

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun Jul 5 14:02:38 BST 2009

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, John Du wrote:

> Even the director is not in persistent mode?

LVS balances on IPs. Only one client is connecting, from the
inside IP of the router.

>> as well client specific info (cookies, session data) won't
>> work.
>>

> So the director assumes that all clients have distinct IPs
> and if two or more have the same IP then their cookies and
> sessions will be all messed up?

I'm a little out of my depth here. Presumably each client
will send different session data and the single realserver
will see multiple connections from the one client. I expect
it will be possible to keep each session separate.