[lvs-users] Multicast message not send out from LVS so connection is not sync

L.S. Keijser leon at linux.nl
Thu Jul 9 05:47:35 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 09:36 +0800, Yau (Kevin) Leung wrote:
> I'm running LVS-DR mode on 2 X LVS.  The OS is Centos 5.3, 32bit
> with piranha-0.8.4-11.el5.  In lvs.cf, the syncdaemon = 1.  But connections
> are not sync and I found that the multicast messages are not sent out from
> the MASTER LVS.

What do you see if you run `ipvsadm -L --daemon` on both nodes?

Also (not knowing anything about piranha), what happens if you start the
sync daemons manually:

ipvsadm --start-daemon master --mcast-interface eth0 --syncid 50

You might have to stop any running instances first:

ipvsadm --stop-daemon master/backup

--
Léon