[lvs-users] LVS + Piranha

Sergio Cioban Filho cioban at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:46:29 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I have installed two servers with LVS (NAT) and Piranha, and I have some
questions about heartbeat.

1) Configuration 1: primary=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1 primary_private=yyy.yyy.yyy.yy1
backup=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2  backup_private=yyy.yyy.yyy.yy2 , but I have
problems, when I disconnect only the private cable (LAN) of the Primary LVS,
the Backup LVS not get the virtual IP. The Backup LVS only get virtual IP if
the two interfaces of the Mster LVS fails.

2) Configurfation 2:  primary=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1  backup=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2 , in
this scenario Backup LVS only get get virtual IP if the primary=  IP of the
Mster LVS fails.

This is a default behavior?

I need that backup LVS gets virtual IP when any network (cable or interface)
fails at the Primary LVS. It is possible?

** Sorry for my poor english, I'm brazilian. :)

Thanks,
Regards,
---
Sérgio Cioban Filho