[lvs-users] Real server monitoring

Anoop Bhat ABhat at trustwave.com
Mon Aug 9 19:10:52 BST 2010

Hi,

We use centos here and for HA, we get piranha which I know is more difficult to support/get help for on this list but I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out why (only recently) we're seeing real servers go inactive from the LVS perspective.

The real servers are all tomcat6 and running services that we use on 8080 HTTP.

Our lvs.cf shows

         send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
         expect = ".*"

Which should result in some sort of response (400 bad request) and it usually does.

I'm wondering if we're testing it incorrectly or if there is a better way to test it?

These are all VMs in a ESX cluster and we're using LVS-DR instead of NAT or TUN.

My understanding is that if it's HTTP, the send/expect above should work just fine.

Thanks

Anoop