[lvs-users] Invalid operation. Possibly wrong module version, address not unicast, ...

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Wed Jan 13 23:45:42 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 05:22:13PM +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> Apon upgrading to 2.6.29.6 from 2.6.22 and recompiling ipvsadm 1.25 to
> get ipv6 support I'm getting the following error:
>
> Invalid operation.  Possibly wrong module version, address not unicast, ...
>
> when running ...
>
> ipvsadm -ln -t SERVICE_HERE
>
> There is absolutely nothing else that changed apart from the kernel and
> recompile of 1.25.
>
> Everything seems to work fine,  ipvsadm -ln  works fine, setting up
> services works fine as does all functionality except the above.
>
> Can anyone shed some light?

Hi Nigel,

I'm not having any luck reproducing this problem.
Is sane output produced when you run "ipvsadm -ln" ?
Could you be more specific about what SERVICE_HERE is,
and if it includes a host name if it resolves to an ipv4
or ipv6 address, or both?

Also, is the 2.6.29.6 vanilla, or has it had some patches added?

Thanks