[lvs-users] Nanny and disabled server

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Mon Jan 18 20:24:21 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 17:17 -0300, Diego Bello wrote:
> Now that I have it disabled, I face another problem: how can I tell
> nanny to stop checking on that disabled server?. I thought it would be
> automagically done but I guess I was wrong.

Why would it do that?

Please understand that the majority - if not all - "health check"
systems such as ldirectord, mon, nanny, keepalived and so on are there
to maintain continuity of operation.

If you have a server in the config, they will check it - even if it's
down. They're waiting for it to become available again so they can
switch it back into the server pool.

Is there a problem with nanny checking the server when it's disabled?

Graeme