[lvs-users] LVS-DR on default gateway

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Wed Jan 20 13:08:32 GMT 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a couple of realservers behind a
gateway/router/firewall and would like to put the LVS-DR config on that
machine too. In another setup I'm already running LVS-DR but there the
director is not sitting between the client and the realservers.
I've read the documentation and googled around and found that the
director/gateway combination only works with patches applied and some
additional non-standard configuration steps.
What I'm wondering is if there is an easier way to accomplish this now? The
references I found on the web go all the way back to 2001 and talk about
2.2 and 2.4 kernels so I'm not sure if the patches/hacks to make this work
are still valid or if there is an easier way to accomplish this nowadays?

Regards,
   Dennis