[lvs-users] LVS-DR on default gateway

L.S. Keijser leon at linux.nl
Wed Jan 20 14:03:07 GMT 2010

Hi Dennis,

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 14:08 +0100, Dennis J. wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to set up a couple of realservers behind a
> gateway/router/firewall and would like to put the LVS-DR config on that
> machine too. In another setup I'm already running LVS-DR but there the
> director is not sitting between the client and the realservers.
> I've read the documentation and googled around and found that the
> director/gateway combination only works with patches applied and some
> additional non-standard configuration steps.
> What I'm wondering is if there is an easier way to accomplish this now? The
> references I found on the web go all the way back to 2001 and talk about
> 2.2 and 2.4 kernels so I'm not sure if the patches/hacks to make this work
> are still valid or if there is an easier way to accomplish this nowadays?

I assume by all this you mean solving the ARP problem. If so, take a
look at this section of the HOWTO which is specific on 2.6 kernels:

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.arp_problem.html#2.6_arp

In a nutshell: you don't need to patch anything, just set some proc
values and bring up a loopback device (in that order).

--
Léon