[lvs-users] LVS-DR on default gateway

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Jan 21 17:50:36 GMT 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Dennis J. wrote:

> Hm, I tried setting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/rp_filter
> all both to 0 and to 1 but that had no effect. According
> to this link one cannot control this behaviour using
> rp_filter: http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#lvsgw

it's been about a decade since Julian's shared forward code
came out, and I remember that handing the martians was no
big deal (but I can't remember how it was done - what we
know is in the HOWTO)

> The forward_shared patch apparently changes this but I'm
> wondering why this hasn't been accepted into the mainline
> kernel yet after all these years.

the kernel people didn't want anything to be able to mess
with routing like Julian's code did. They didn't want to
deal with people who accidently turned it on.