[lvs-users] more realserver ports question

Marek 'marx' Grác mgrac at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 08:40:38 GMT 2010

Hi,

James H wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:50 AM, Raul da Silva {Sp4wn}
> <sp4wn.root at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> James,
>>
>> Is this avaliable for RHEL in rpm?
>>

> Yup! Funny thing - I went to port this to RHEL5.4 this morning, and I
> ran into all sorts of weird patch merge errors. After a little
> investigation, I found my patch was already integrated into the
> mainline version from RH. :) So if you have RHEL5.4 or CentOS5.4 -
> this works now.
>
> Looks like it was fixed quietly here:
> * Mon Jun 15 2009 Marek Grac <mgrac at redhat.com> 0.8.4-13
> - Resolves: #500909 - problem when attempting to load balance using
> port in lvs.cf
>
> I posted my code June 8, didn't realize the folks at RedHat would be
> so quick to adopt it!
>
> http://mobiuscircle.com/2009/06/08/piranhapulse-patch-allow-port-rewriting-in-nat-mode/
>
> How about an attribution Marek? :)

I did not know about your code :) [and I'm subscribed to this list from
this morning]. As you can see from bugzilla patch was based on code from
rhbz#210618 (released in update in June 2008).

Question is where to put such contributions. I usually just add it to
commit in git, in spec file there is just name of who builds the
package. In fact, my name is in code only on two places (one in obsolete
ChangeLog and other one when license was changed according to
communication with author of send_arp.c).
Do you think it will be worth effort?

marx,