[lvs-users] ldirectord/ha ignoring config file

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Tue Apr 12 16:29:05 BST 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 11:15 -0400, Brian Ott wrote:
> I can provide finer detail on the weird issues we experience.
> Hopefully this doesn't sound crazy at all.

You don't need to. It sounds as thoough you have "The ARP Problem".

One (or more) of your realservers is/are responding to ARP requests for
the VIP, which means traffic for the VIP (1.1.1.1 in your example) is
bypassing the director and going straight to the last realserver which
sent out an ARP response for that address.

Make absolutely sure you have correctly, and consistently, configured
the VIP to be bound to a loopback adapter on your Windows realservers.

Graeme