[lvs-users] IPVS with SNAT support on the kernel 2.6.36 + iptables v1.4.10

sven _ svensven at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:13:07 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Ivan Havlicek <ivan at modulix.org> wrote:
> 2010/11/10 Julian Anastasov <ja at ssi.bg>
>>        I have a doubt, conn_out_get is used with inverse
>> flag. In this way it can match only requests from client
>> to real server with LVS-NAT method. It is not universal match
>> but may be the idea is to work at least for POST_ROUTING SNAT
>> after LVS-NAT.
>
> Yes, my need is about a LVS-NAT method, with a POSTROUTING SNAT.

I'm facing the exact same issue, just as described by Ivan: Even with
the xt_ipvs module loaded, there's no activity in the POSTROUTING
chain of the nat table. I have log entries in *all* tables and all chains,
and I get the following on request packets that are outbound to a
realserver after being handled by LVS:
  raw-OUTPUT
  mangle-OUTPUT
  filter-OUTPUT
  mangle-POSTROUTING

Did Hannes comment at all, perhaps privately to you, Julian?

sven