[lvs-users] LVS RR becomes unbalanced after time

Luc van Donkersgoed luc at codingdutchmen.com
Tue Jul 5 08:37:42 BST 2011

Hi,

I don't see any mention of segfaults in my logs, but did manage to solve my problem. Apparently I forgot some basic configuration on my webservers, which screwed up ARP. I don't understand the specifics yet - I will delve into that today - but the solution was to add these lines to /etc/sysctl.conf:

# Enable configuration of arp_ignore option
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.bond0.arp_ignore = 1

# Enable configuration of arp_announce option
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.bond0.arp_announce = 2

And then run sysctl -p

Keep in mind that I have two network interface cards in bonding mode, so you probably need to adjust the above lines to match your own setup. Ever since applying the above, my cluster is working like sunshine :D

Hope that helps you,
Luc